mel's world

Friday, July 21, 2006

Church Folk

For the past week, I have been teaching preschoolers in the Vacation Bible School. I wasn't asked by the director (lets call her Kate) of VBS but by the pastor because Kate didn't have teachers. On Monday, I was told that I had to get a song together for the program on Sunday. I found a song for the students to sing and created a dance to go with the student. However, I had to miss a day for personal reasons. Becasue I knew that I was leaving, I left the song with instructions so Kate could review the song with the children. When I returned I found that Kate changed my studnets song and wouldn't let them dance. Then Kate tells me to "practice" with my class, and then she left.
How was I going to practice when I didn't know what they were doing. I am so upset right now. I didn't not have to bail her out of a sticky situation of having no teachers, but I did! I feel used and abused. To make matters worse, a five year old tells me that she wants to do my song because its fun. What am I supposed to say to her. This kind of behavior makes me want to no go to church anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home